Thank you to our Volunteer Partners!
- Refer a Friend!
- How is Virtual Tutoring Going?
- Information Session: About Volunteering
- Signing up to tutor with HMT? Here’s what you can expect from signup to startup!
- 21-Day Racial Equity Challenge with United Way of the Central Carolinas
- Latest Updates for Heart Tutors
- Upcoming Heart events!
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- HeartThrob 2020
- Hear from a Heart Tutor!
- Speaker at The Charlotte Justice Conference
- An Interview with a Volunteer: Adam Schauer
- Join Us for Our Volunteer Kickoff Party!
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Upcoming Heart events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Math Madness (in March)
- 2018 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference
- Seek First to Understand…
- Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff – Volunteers needed in the 2018/19 School Year!
- Volunteer Recruitment Tools
- CMS Releases “Breaking the Link” Equity Report
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
- Tutor Recruitment Kickoff and Tools – Volunteers needed in the 2017/18 School Year!
- The Year Ahead: Community Support Enables Heart Math Tutoring To Expand Reach, Impact
- HEART Tutoring Moves To New Office
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – OCTOBER
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – NOVEMBER
- April – HEART Notables
- February – HEART NOTABLES
- 2014 Work Begins
- There’s One Key Difference Between Kids Who Excel at Math and Kids Who Don’t
- December – HEART NOTABLES
- HEART Holiday Breakfast for Parents
- November – HEART NOTABLES
- October – HEART NOTABLES
- Malleable intelligence
Welcome Heart Tutors! We are thankful for participation in Heart Math Tutoring this school year. This page is dedicated to you. Here you will find tutoring updates, along with optional resources that you can use both on your own and with other tutors.
We are actively recruiting tutors for the 2022/23 school year! If you haven’t already, sign up to tutor and see below for more information to help spread the word.
In case you missed it! Check out our 2022/23 volunteer welcome email with summer updates here.
Help Recruit Volunteers:
If you are interested in supporting our recruitment efforts, please check out the resources here and help us spread the word to your friends and family, place of work, faith group, or other organization!
The majority of tutoring will take place in-person in Charlotte, North Carolina, but tutoring at select school sites will be fully virtual. You can select your setting by choosing an in-person or virtual school in our online signup form. Over 1,500 tutors will be needed for the 2022/23 school year; sign up here to tutor in 2022/23!
Community Building with Other Tutors:
- Connect with us on social media via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Join our Heart Tutoring Facebook group!
On Your Own:
- You can refer to our monthly emails for Tutor Tips!
- Check out these Student Engagement Resources
- Visit Heart’s Blog to read latest news!
- Read notes from the 2019 summer training with Kathy Richardson!
- Check out our Motivational Strategies for Students
- Read our Curriculum Notebook Overview
- Read Mathematical Mindsets by Jo Boaler
- Read Color and Character: West Charlotte High and the American Struggle over Educational Equality
by Pamela Grundy
“Thank you!” from last year’s families and teachers!
We love our volunteers! During the 2021/22 school year, over 1,000 volunteers participated in in-person or virtual tutoring to support students across Heart Math Tutoring’s 24 school partners, helping them build the strong foundation in math and enthusiasm for academics needed for long-term success.
- “Heart Tutoring was ESSENTIAL in helping my son get to where he needs to be to meet grade level expectations! I am just so thankful for this program! I could literally SEE the difference as the weeks passed.” – Family of a 1st grader at Endhaven Elementary
- “WOW!! These tutors are out of this World!! [My child] has grown leaps and bounds, and actually really enjoys doing math! ” – Family of a 4th grader at Pineville Elementary
- “This program has given [my child] an AMAZING OUTLOOK on math. He’s found different ways to work out math problems with GREAT TUTORS!! ” – Family of a 3rd grader at Myers Park Traditional
- “An amazing program that provides effective instruction based on student assessments/data. Truly takes the weight of providing/planning math support off teachers. The children are always thrilled to work with tutors, who make math truly fun and engaging!” – 3rd grade teacher at Bruns Avenue Elementary
- “I believe that their confidence was enriched and enthusiasm was displayed because of the program. This opportunity allowed my students to feel more confident about their classroom assignments.” – 1st grade teacher at Merry Oaks International Academy