2019-20 Program Results
June 3, 2020
As we head into the summer, we are excited to celebrate the outstanding academic progress made by nearly 1,200 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) students during the 2019-20 school year. Although COVID-19 prompted a shortened year of in-school programming, students still made considerable progress during their time in the program!
Here are some of our results:
- 92% of students passed one notebook and 49% passed two or more notebooks through March 2020 – on track to meet end-of-year program growth goals!
- 85% of teachers saw improvement in their Heart students’ foundational math skills by January 2020.*
- 86% of teachers noticed increased confidence and/or enthusiasm in their Heart students by January 2020.*
- 99% of volunteers rated their tutoring experience as positive, and 91% noticed improvement in their student’s math skills by January 2020.*
*In line with or exceeding previous years
We are confident that students were on track for another great year of final assessment results had they not missed the last 6 weeks of tutoring, based on the data points we gathered through March. Congratulations and thank you to students, tutors, donors, teachers, and all involved in this growth.
- Blog (235)
- Events (26)
- Grants and Funding News (32)
- Heart Families (9)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (16)
- Math Matters (34)
- Press (60)
- Student Spotlight (1)
- Uncategorized (41)
- Volunteer Partners (6)
- Volunteer Resources (37)
- Volunteer Spotlight (45)
- 2023 Annual Report
- Celebrate Ten Years and Counting with HMT!
- National Education News Source, The 74, Features Heart Math Tutoring
- Heart Volunteers are Excited to Begin Tutoring!
- WBTV Features Heart Math Tutoring on QC Morning
- 2023/24 Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff- Sign up to tutor today!
- Meet HMT Program Coordinators Cara Maddox & Heather Smith!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Winston-Salem? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- Interested in tutoring with Heart Math Tutoring in Charleston? Here’s what you can expect from sign-up to start-up!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Charlotte? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!