2019-20 Program Results
June 3, 2020
As we head into the summer, we are excited to celebrate the outstanding academic progress made by nearly 1,200 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) students during the 2019-20 school year. Although COVID-19 prompted a shortened year of in-school programming, students still made considerable progress during their time in the program!
Here are some of our results:
- 92% of students passed one notebook and 49% passed two or more notebooks through March 2020 – on track to meet end-of-year program growth goals!
- 85% of teachers saw improvement in their Heart students’ foundational math skills by January 2020.*
- 86% of teachers noticed increased confidence and/or enthusiasm in their Heart students by January 2020.*
- 99% of volunteers rated their tutoring experience as positive, and 91% noticed improvement in their student’s math skills by January 2020.*
*In line with or exceeding previous years
We are confident that students were on track for another great year of final assessment results had they not missed the last 6 weeks of tutoring, based on the data points we gathered through March. Congratulations and thank you to students, tutors, donors, teachers, and all involved in this growth.
- Blog (212)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (18)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (31)
- Heart News (161)
- Heart Staff (12)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (45)
- Uncategorized (53)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (42)
- Volunteer Spotlight (42)
- 2022 Annual Report
- Volunteer Spotlight: Crystal Stroupe
- HMT Upcoming Events
- Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff – Volunteers needed in the 2022/23 school year!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT? Here’s what you can expect from signup to startup!
- HMT Charleston 2022 Pilot Results
- 2021/22 Program Results
- April: Volunteer Appreciation Month!
- Staff Spotlight: Meet Greg Okotie
- Refer a Friend!