Interested in tutoring with Heart Math Tutoring in Charleston? Here’s what you can expect from sign-up to start-up!
July 17, 2023
Thinking about becoming a tutor? Please do! Heart Math Tutoring is excited to serve 150 students in the 2023/24 school year with the help of 175 volunteers giving just one hour per week!
To become a tutor, simply select your preferred tutoring time and location on the Charleston sign-up form, and we’ll pair you with students! Tutoring begins in early October. Looking for the sign up to startup process for another location? See our posts for Charlotte and Winston Salem!
We want you to know what to expect when you sign up to tutor with Heart! Below is the process from sign-up to start-up:
1. Sign Up: Get started by selecting your tutoring time and location on our website. You’ll select your preferred school, preferred tutoring day(s), and time(s). We will send you a copy of the form once it’s submitted.
2. Receive a Welcome Email: The week you sign up to tutor, we’ll send you an email welcoming you to the program and giving you more information to prepare you for tutoring!
3. Receive a Startup Logistics Email: In September, you will receive an email confirming your school assignment, asking you to complete your CCSD Volunteer background check (if you have not done so yet), and providing additional information about tutor orientation.
4. Volunteer Background check: Before you begin tutoring you will need to complete your CCSD Volunteer background check, an online form that takes just a few minutes to fill out if you have your driver’s license and social security number handy. You must complete your background check before you begin tutoring. You can complete that step herenow or wait until you receive your startup logistics email.
5. Tutor Training: Every Heart Math Tutoring volunteer is required to attend a two-part orientation. Part I is a virtual, asynchronous training you will complete at your own pace. Part two is an in-person training at your school site the week before tutoring begins. In these orientations you will learn about our approach to tutoring and get to experience our curriculum first-hand. More details will be provided in the start-up logistics e-mail.
6. Session Assignment Email: By the week of September 25th, you can expect an email from your Program Coordinator with more details on the day and time you’ll be tutoring. Our team will be working hard administering student pre-assessments and matching students’ schedules with tutor signups until that time.
7. Tutoring Begins: Tutors will begin working with their students starting the week of October 9th. Congratulations, you’re officially a tutor with Heart Math Tutoring!
If you have any questions during the sign-up process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in touch!
See you soon!
- Blog (235)
- Events (26)
- Grants and Funding News (32)
- Heart Families (9)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (16)
- Math Matters (34)
- Press (60)
- Student Spotlight (1)
- Uncategorized (40)
- Volunteer Partners (6)
- Volunteer Resources (37)
- Volunteer Spotlight (45)
- Celebrate Ten Years and Counting with HMT!
- National Education News Source, The 74, Features Heart Math Tutoring
- Heart Volunteers are Excited to Begin Tutoring!
- WBTV Features Heart Math Tutoring on QC Morning
- 2023/24 Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff- Sign up to tutor today!
- Meet HMT Program Coordinators Cara Maddox & Heather Smith!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Winston-Salem? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- Interested in tutoring with Heart Math Tutoring in Charleston? Here’s what you can expect from sign-up to start-up!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Charlotte? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- 2022/23 Program Results