Information Session: About Volunteering
September 20, 2021
Heart Math Tutoring staff recorded a 30-minute information session to help prospective tutors learn more about what volunteering is like. If you missed it, watch it below!
As of 9/20/21, an additional 500 volunteers are needed to support elementary students during 2021/22. A few things to keep in mind:
- 1 hour per week commitment
- HMT provides volunteer-friendly lesson plans, training, and staff support during tutoring
- No math or tutoring experience required (If you know 7+3 and care about kids, you are qualified!)
- Most importantly, elementary students build math skills and confidence. See more about results here.
The next step for anyone who would like to volunteer is to choose their tutoring time and location (virtual and in-person options) on the signup form here!
Info Session Recording: View Here
- Blog (211)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (18)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (31)
- Heart News (161)
- Heart Staff (12)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (45)
- Uncategorized (48)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (40)
- Volunteer Spotlight (40)
- 2021/22 Program Results
- April: Volunteer Appreciation Month!
- Staff Spotlight: Meet Greg Okotie
- Refer a Friend!
- A Word from Heart Teachers
- Thank you, Cydney Kramer!
- 2021 Holiday Festivities!
- How is Virtual Tutoring Going?
- Calling all Volunteers in Charleston, SC!
- New Partner Alert: Equitable Foundation!