Information Session: About Volunteering
September 20, 2021
Heart Math Tutoring staff recorded a 30-minute information session to help prospective tutors learn more about what volunteering is like. If you missed it, watch it below!
As of 9/20/21, an additional 500 volunteers are needed to support elementary students during 2021/22. A few things to keep in mind:
- 1 hour per week commitment
- HMT provides volunteer-friendly lesson plans, training, and staff support during tutoring
- No math or tutoring experience required (If you know 7+3 and care about kids, you are qualified!)
- Most importantly, elementary students build math skills and confidence. See more about results here.
The next step for anyone who would like to volunteer is to choose their tutoring time and location (virtual and in-person options) on the signup form here!
Info Session Recording: View Here
- Blog (207)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (17)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (30)
- Heart News (157)
- Heart Staff (10)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (45)
- Uncategorized (43)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (38)
- Volunteer Spotlight (40)
- 2021 Annual Report
- Information Session: About Volunteering
- Heart Math Tutoring Happenings!
- Heart Math Tutoring featured on WBTV
- Tutor Spotlight – Kelsey Noonan
- Camp CMS is in Session and HMT is joining in on the fun!
- Signing up to tutor with HMT? Here’s what you can expect from signup to startup!
- 2020/21 Program Results
- Heart Math Tutoring’s 2021 Annual Celebration
- Recognizing 2020/21 Heart Tutors