Heart Math Tutoring featured on WBTV
August 6, 2021
Heart Math Tutoring’s Executive Director, Emily Gaffney, was interviewed during a WBTV segment about volunteering with HMT in the upcoming school year.
“You do not need any formal training to be a volunteer tutor! The point is that kids can understand how numbers work, and they have someone there encouraging them.” Gaffney said. Catch the full interview here!
Heart Math Tutoring is looking for 1,400 volunteer tutors to provide individualized math support for students this year. In-person and virtual opportunities are available. Sign up to become a tutor today!
This post is in:
- Blog (216)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (18)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (32)
- Heart News (162)
- Heart Staff (12)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (46)
- Uncategorized (55)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (42)
- Volunteer Spotlight (44)
- Heart Math Tutoring Receives $250,000 Grant from Accelerate and Participates in Tutoring Evaluation Accelerator
- Thank You Thursdays! Happy Volunteer Appreciation Month
- Student Spotlight- KIPP Change Academy
- Volunteer Spotlight: Recognizing Freedom School Partners
- Thank you for your generous year-end support!
- Heart Math Tutoring in the Media!
- CMS School Board Election Information
- 2022 Annual Report
- Volunteer Spotlight: Crystal Stroupe
- HMT Upcoming Events