Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
November 28, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring was featured on Spectrum News Charlotte to discuss how community members can give back on Giving Tuesday by signing up to tutor students in high-poverty schools.
“Our program solely runs on volunteer time. We’ve been so fortunate that 950 people have signed up to be volunteer tutors but there are 45 more students who need volunteer tutors. That one hour a week means so much to students who just need an adult to give them one on one attention and tell them they can really do it,” says Elliott.
Watch the full video here!
- Blog (235)
- Events (26)
- Grants and Funding News (32)
- Heart Families (9)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (16)
- Math Matters (34)
- Press (60)
- Student Spotlight (1)
- Uncategorized (41)
- Volunteer Partners (6)
- Volunteer Resources (37)
- Volunteer Spotlight (45)
- 2023 Annual Report
- Celebrate Ten Years and Counting with HMT!
- National Education News Source, The 74, Features Heart Math Tutoring
- Heart Volunteers are Excited to Begin Tutoring!
- WBTV Features Heart Math Tutoring on QC Morning
- 2023/24 Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff- Sign up to tutor today!
- Meet HMT Program Coordinators Cara Maddox & Heather Smith!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Winston-Salem? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- Interested in tutoring with Heart Math Tutoring in Charleston? Here’s what you can expect from sign-up to start-up!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Charlotte? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!