HEART Student Gets Heartwarming Glimpse at Future
February 20, 2014
A field trip to UNC-Chapel Hill turned into an eye opening experience for a fifth grade HEART Student.
The student was one of three Billingsville Leadership Academy students who recently toured the campus with Communities In Schools.
While there, he saw the Old Well and Kenan Memorial Stadium, but seeing a class in session was the highlight of the trip. “I feel like I am stepping into my future,” the student said.
He will be in good company if his future takes him to Chapel Hill. Both of his HEART tutors are class of 2011 graduates. They work with him one-on-one every week on foundational math skills. “I was excited to learn my student visited my alma mater! I hope my partner tutor and I can be living examples of the positive experience a four-year university can provide,” one of his tutors said.
- Blog (207)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (17)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (30)
- Heart News (157)
- Heart Staff (10)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (45)
- Uncategorized (43)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (38)
- Volunteer Spotlight (40)
- 2021 Annual Report
- Information Session: About Volunteering
- Heart Math Tutoring Happenings!
- Heart Math Tutoring featured on WBTV
- Tutor Spotlight – Kelsey Noonan
- Camp CMS is in Session and HMT is joining in on the fun!
- Signing up to tutor with HMT? Here’s what you can expect from signup to startup!
- 2020/21 Program Results
- Heart Math Tutoring’s 2021 Annual Celebration
- Recognizing 2020/21 Heart Tutors