HEART Student Gets Heartwarming Glimpse at Future
February 20, 2014
A field trip to UNC-Chapel Hill turned into an eye opening experience for a fifth grade HEART Student.
The student was one of three Billingsville Leadership Academy students who recently toured the campus with Communities In Schools.
While there, he saw the Old Well and Kenan Memorial Stadium, but seeing a class in session was the highlight of the trip. “I feel like I am stepping into my future,” the student said.
He will be in good company if his future takes him to Chapel Hill. Both of his HEART tutors are class of 2011 graduates. They work with him one-on-one every week on foundational math skills. “I was excited to learn my student visited my alma mater! I hope my partner tutor and I can be living examples of the positive experience a four-year university can provide,” one of his tutors said.
- Blog (234)
- Events (26)
- Grants and Funding News (31)
- Heart Families (9)
- Heart News (147)
- Heart Staff (15)
- Math Matters (34)
- Press (59)
- Student Spotlight (1)
- Uncategorized (40)
- Volunteer Partners (6)
- Volunteer Resources (37)
- Volunteer Spotlight (45)
- Celebrate Ten Years and Counting with HMT!
- Heart Volunteers are Excited to Begin Tutoring!
- WBTV Features Heart Math Tutoring on QC Morning
- 2023/24 Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff- Sign up to tutor today!
- Meet HMT Program Coordinators Cara Maddox & Heather Smith!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Winston-Salem? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- Interested in tutoring with Heart Math Tutoring in Charleston? Here’s what you can expect from sign-up to start-up!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Charlotte? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- 2022/23 Program Results
- Volunteer Spotlight: Sara Reynolds