Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
June 7, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring and Jacqueline Myers from Apparo met with Chrisine Sperow to discuss the impact of Apparo’s 2017 Mission Possible Award.
“Apparo works with other nonprofits and empowers them with technology. We do that by bringing nonprofits in need, like Heart Math Tutoring, together with companies that have financial and skilled volunteer resources like Accenture. Heart Math Tutoring was the winner of our 2017 Mission Possible Award… it’s a milestone for Heart Math Tutoring to be the first of the Mission Possible winners,” says Jacqueline.
“It’s huge for us!” says Emily Elliott. “We need to digitize our operations. We are serving 600 students, trying to scale to 30 schools or around 1,000 students within 3 years. This project will help us really scale that impact on math skills and bring more volunteer tutors into schools, which has other side effects in terms of mentorship and relationships across our community.”
Blog, Grants, Grants and Funding News, Heart News, Press
- Blog (216)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (18)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (32)
- Heart News (162)
- Heart Staff (12)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (46)
- Uncategorized (55)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (42)
- Volunteer Spotlight (44)
- Heart Math Tutoring Receives $250,000 Grant from Accelerate and Participates in Tutoring Evaluation Accelerator
- Thank You Thursdays! Happy Volunteer Appreciation Month
- Student Spotlight- KIPP Change Academy
- Volunteer Spotlight: Recognizing Freedom School Partners
- Thank you for your generous year-end support!
- Heart Math Tutoring in the Media!
- CMS School Board Election Information
- 2022 Annual Report
- Volunteer Spotlight: Crystal Stroupe
- HMT Upcoming Events