Tutor Recruitment Kickoff and Tools – Volunteers needed in the 2017/18 School Year!
July 26, 2017
Heart’s 2017 Volunteer Drive is officially underway! Students across 15 school partners need tutors in the 2017/18 school year, which means Heart will be working to recruit over 900 volunteers between now and mid-September.
**Please sign up to be a volunteer tutor today!**
If you have already secured your volunteer spot, we’d appreciate your help in recruiting volunteers with these quick and easy tips:
Help spread the word by using these tools to recruit friends, family members, and colleagues who you think would be interested in being a Heart tutor.
Educate others by talking about your experience with Heart.
Add Heart to your LinkedIn profile as a volunteer activity. Click “Edit Profile,” “Add Section,” and select “Volunteer Experience.” When you type “Heart Math Tutoring,” LinkedIn will find our Company Page.
Tag Heart Math Tutoring in your social media posts and use the hashtags #MakeThisYearCount #VolunteerWithHeart; change your facebook profile picture and/or cover photo with these social media tools; and share our social media posts. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
If you’re not a tutor yet and want to give it a try, sign up at www.hearttutoring.org/become-a-volunteer! Heart provides tutor-friendly lesson plans and a staff person on site.
In volunteer recruitment, we get to offer a positive way to make a difference in the life of an elementary student. Last year, 98% of 643 Heart students met program growth goals in math. On our year-end survey, 100% of Heart volunteers rated the experience positive, and 99% said they would recommend the program to a friend or a colleague.
Read the full Press Release here.
Thank you in advance for making this year count!
~The Heart Team
- Blog (207)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (17)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (30)
- Heart News (157)
- Heart Staff (10)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (45)
- Uncategorized (42)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (38)
- Volunteer Spotlight (40)
- Information Session: About Volunteering
- Heart Math Tutoring Happenings!
- Heart Math Tutoring featured on WBTV
- Tutor Spotlight – Kelsey Noonan
- Camp CMS is in Session and HMT is joining in on the fun!
- Signing up to tutor with HMT? Here’s what you can expect from signup to startup!
- 2020/21 Program Results
- Heart Math Tutoring’s 2021 Annual Celebration
- Recognizing 2020/21 Heart Tutors
- Corporate partners’ spring funding provides tutoring for students in the 2021/22 school year at Heart Math Tutoring