HEART Tutoring Program Hires First Executive Director
July 17, 2013
HEART (Helping Ensure Academic Results through Tutoring), a program developed by the non-profit Social Venture Partners (SVP), is proud to announce that following a national search, Emily Elliott has been named as the program’s first Executive Director.
Elliott’s unique background in both business and education will bring strength to HEART’s management team and provide the organization with solid leadership for expansion and growth. Elliott began her career as an investment banking analyst with Wells Fargo before moving to California where she taught math for an intervention-focused middle school in San Jose for two years. She went on to become a Financial Strategy Associate with Rocketship Education, a national non-profit school system that operates public elementary charter schools in low-income areas.
Bill Anderson, Executive Director of MeckEd, comments, “HEART and SVP are very fortunate to have hired Emily Elliott as their new Executive Director. Emily’s teaching experience with Teach for America provides her with unique insight and ability to effectively address the challenges faced by those students, families and schools as HEART strives to support Charlotte’s most challenged school communities.”
Read the full press release here.
Blog, Heart News
- Blog (215)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (18)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (31)
- Heart News (161)
- Heart Staff (12)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (46)
- Uncategorized (55)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (42)
- Volunteer Spotlight (44)
- Thank You Thursdays! Happy Volunteer Appreciation Month
- Student Spotlight- KIPP Change Academy
- Volunteer Spotlight: Recognizing Freedom School Partners
- Thank you for your generous year-end support!
- Heart Math Tutoring in the Media!
- CMS School Board Election Information
- 2022 Annual Report
- Volunteer Spotlight: Crystal Stroupe
- HMT Upcoming Events
- Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff – Volunteers needed in the 2022/23 school year!