HMT Charleston 2022 Pilot Results
June 30, 2022
We are excited to celebrate the academic progress made by students enrolled in HMT Charleston’s pilot program at Ladson Elementary!
- Heart Math Tutoring expanded to its first new city outside of Charlotte, NC in Spring 2022, serving students in grades 2, 3, and 5 at Ladson Elementary in Charleston County School District.
- Students enrolled in HMT at Ladson Elementary received 514 sessions of 1:1 tutoring from January – April, thanks to 20 volunteers contributing 257 hours of tutoring!
Here are some of our results:
- 100% of students grew in two or more concepts, meeting program growth goals! On average, students grew in 5.5 concepts.
- 100% of teachers believe their Heart students showed increased confidence and enthusiasm for learning as a result of the program.
- 100% of volunteers rated their tutoring experience as positive, and 100% noticed improvement in their students’ math skills.
Congratulations and thank you to students, tutors, donors, teachers, and all involved in this growth!
Read more about HMT Charleston’s results and supporters.
- Blog (235)
- Events (26)
- Grants and Funding News (32)
- Heart Families (9)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (16)
- Math Matters (34)
- Press (60)
- Student Spotlight (1)
- Uncategorized (40)
- Volunteer Partners (6)
- Volunteer Resources (37)
- Volunteer Spotlight (45)
- Celebrate Ten Years and Counting with HMT!
- National Education News Source, The 74, Features Heart Math Tutoring
- Heart Volunteers are Excited to Begin Tutoring!
- WBTV Features Heart Math Tutoring on QC Morning
- 2023/24 Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff- Sign up to tutor today!
- Meet HMT Program Coordinators Cara Maddox & Heather Smith!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Winston-Salem? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- Interested in tutoring with Heart Math Tutoring in Charleston? Here’s what you can expect from sign-up to start-up!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT in Charlotte? Here’s what you can expect from sign up to startup!
- 2022/23 Program Results