HMT Charleston 2022 Pilot Results
June 30, 2022
We are excited to celebrate the academic progress made by students enrolled in HMT Charleston’s pilot program at Ladson Elementary!
- Heart Math Tutoring expanded to its first new city outside of Charlotte, NC in Spring 2022, serving students in grades 2, 3, and 5 at Ladson Elementary in Charleston County School District.
- Students enrolled in HMT at Ladson Elementary received 514 sessions of 1:1 tutoring from January – April, thanks to 20 volunteers contributing 257 hours of tutoring!
Here are some of our results:
- 100% of students grew in two or more concepts, meeting program growth goals! On average, students grew in 5.5 concepts.
- 100% of teachers believe their Heart students showed increased confidence and enthusiasm for learning as a result of the program.
- 100% of volunteers rated their tutoring experience as positive, and 100% noticed improvement in their students’ math skills.
Congratulations and thank you to students, tutors, donors, teachers, and all involved in this growth!
Read more about HMT Charleston’s results and supporters.
- Blog (214)
- Celebrations (42)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (18)
- Events (18)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (31)
- Heart News (161)
- Heart Staff (12)
- Math Matters (45)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (46)
- Uncategorized (55)
- Video (16)
- Volunteer Resources (42)
- Volunteer Spotlight (43)
- Volunteer Spotlight: Recognizing Freedom School Partners
- Thank you for your generous year-end support!
- Heart Math Tutoring in the Media!
- CMS School Board Election Information
- 2022 Annual Report
- Volunteer Spotlight: Crystal Stroupe
- HMT Upcoming Events
- Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff – Volunteers needed in the 2022/23 school year!
- Interested in tutoring with HMT? Here’s what you can expect from signup to startup!
- HMT Charleston 2022 Pilot Results